Why an Increase?
- Declining state support
- Increased Enrollment
- Tuition freeze (that students fought for) about to end
- Graduation Initative 2025
Help Stop a Tuition Increase
Since the Board of Trustees voted to increase tuition despite fierce opposition (more on that here), we are taking our fight to the Capitol. We can still stop the tuition increase, and continue our fight to stand with our undocumented students, by working to get some key legislation passed in Sacramento. Learn more and add your support here.
How Much Will it Increase?
- $270 for in-state undergraduates
- $438 for graduate students
Know the facts:
- Between 2002-2012 tuition went up 283%. Today we are already paying far more than any generation of CSU students before us.
- Statewide tuition has been frozen for four years because students came together to fight against these increases. Thousands of us marched and demonstrated, shared our stories and forced the CSU Administration to listen.
- Now the freeze is over and Chancellor White says we need a $270 tuition increase to fund his “Graduation Initiative.” But how can he expect students to graduate sooner if we have to spend more time working in order to pay tuition? It’s up to us to tell the Board of Trustees to REJECT this plan.